Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best of the Decade

Tomorrow at midnight, the aughts, the decade Time Magazine says was the worst ever, will come to a close. (The 2000's didn't seem so bad to me, but I guess I only remember part of the nineties, so I don't have much to compare it to.) Anyway, my favorite part of decade ending: the Best/Worst of the Decade Lists. Kottke.org has taken on the monumental task of curating them, in a massive list organized by category they call The Noughtie List.

My Best of the Noughtie-List List:

The Decade that Shrank the Mega-Novel

The Best Fiction of the Millennium (Pros Versus Readers)

When TV Became Art

Top Horror Films of the Decade


Ten Most Significant Visual Artists

Best Book Covers of the Decade


Best Comics of the Decade


The Decade in Poetry


The Decade in Words


5 Life Lessons Learned from Ladies of 00's Teen Films

No comments: