Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The New Science of Fall Colors

It's looking very autumnal lately around here. All the leaves are turning color and falling. There are some especially cool trees on the UNL campus by Memorial Stadium that are bright scarlet! Pretty (and school-color appropriate)!

One thing I've noticed moving from Colorado to Nebraska is that Fall looks different here. I thought it was just the types of trees that made a difference, but Discovery has a photo gallery and article about the science of fall colors. It's a lot more complex than I thought! If you're interested in knowing why the Great Plains looks like it does in the fall, I'd check it out! (If you're not a science-type, I still recommend looking at the pictures; there are some very nice ones.)

Link

via boingboing.net

No comments: